Saturday, September 1, 2012

Post Surgery

I'm sorry that I haven't updated yet.

Dr. Bretzke said that my umbilical hernia was worse than she expected, so she did have to use mesh in my stomach.
It still hurts sooooo bad. It's definitely comparable to the pain from a c-section.

When Dr. Migliori went in to take out my port, he said that I was definitely lucky that my surgery was when it was. As he cut my skin, he was able to see that the port was only about a millimeter from the surface and there was old dried blood surrounding it, like a hematoma. He thinks within a few days, my body would have expelled the port and I would have been left with an open direct line to my heart and possible infection. Thank God my surgery was when it was!

Dr. Migliori was able to place 550 ccs implants in. I am ecstatic; he wasn't sure I would be able to even get 500 ccs because of what radiation typically does to your skin. He praised me for taking such good care during the process. I think he was a little shocked that I didn't use anything special, just coconut oil.

I have very little pain in my chest and boobs for now.
I have to wear an underwire bra around the clock for three weeks.
Here are an obnoxious amount of pictures. :)


Waiting patiently for the anesthesiologist.



                                                                            Chatting



Because I had lymph nodes removed during my mastectomy, I can no longer have blood pressure taken or blood draws done from that arm. Doing so would put me at an even higher risk for lymphedema.
This is a little reminder for everyone in the surgery room. 



                                                       Post surgery. Good drugs!


This is me on surgery day. This picture shows all of the areas that I had worked on. I'm so swollen; I can't believe I'm posting this. 



 This is day 2. Eric and I went to Edina to meet with Dr. Migliori again. He said everything looks awesome and he was able to take off the Ace bandage. One more day until I can shower.



Dr Migs guaranteed me that my boobs would look better one the swelling went down. I'm happy with them already. The black bra I'm wearing in the picture is a D cup. I had hoped to be a large C or small D. I got my wish! I have only a tiny amount of blood around the cut he made and virtually no bruising.


                             This is my miracle worker, Dr. Migliori. Love, love, love him!!
Thanks again to everyone for the calls, emails and facebook messages. You guys are rockstars!!



5 comments:

  1. You look fabulous!! Wow, virtually no bruising-- that's amazing. I'm so proud of you and how you handled this bump (okay, maybe hurdle?!) in the road. You are a true hero for all women. I love you lots. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad things went so well! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Take care xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic, I can't believe you look so great two days post surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Ang you look amazing! Im SO happy for you! Prayers for a smooth and perfect recovery! YAY for 550cc's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far, so great! Play date soon?

      Delete